Grief Recovery and Training
Shadowlands Grief Recovery Program is a 6-session Christian program with Leader and Participant manuals and is delivered to Church, Chaplain, Hospice and Adoption Agency staff engaged in a grief support ministry.
Brave Penny’s grief support ministry is based on the principles and actions taught in the Shadowlands Grief Recovery Program. This Christian-based curriculum combines traditional secular recovery programs with Scripture using ”God’s Model of Grieving”.
Grief is often the forgotten ministry in churches and in organizations that serve survivors or victims of loss. Yet, grief never fails to show up in the life of every human. So often, it is ignored with the hope that the ones who are struggling will get over the sadness, and somehow be back to normal in no time. This response is usually due to the support person or group simply not knowing what to say or how to help. The materials of Shadowlands can be the resource to fill the gap.
The Shadowlands materials have been in use for over twenty years in a large church in Plano TX. The materials have guided and restored those who were adrift in hostile emotions and unable to find their “new normal”.
Interested? Shadowlands is available under a licensing agreement which allows the licensee to receive electronic versions of the Participants Manual and Leader’s Guide which licensee is authorized to reproduce for the agreement-defined purposes. A DVD-based leader training program for the leadership staff of the organization is also available, as well as on-site leadership training by experienced Brave Penny staff.
Dealing with Infant Loss
Precious Losses is a 5-session program with Leader and Participant manuals and was developed for staff of organizations who support families grieving from Miscarriage, SIDS, or any form of Infant Death.
Due to demand, Brave Penny developed a variant of the Shadowlands Grief Recovery Program aimed at individuals or families who have lost a child due to miscarriage or any other type of infant death. It is based on Sharon Fox’s book entitled “A Precious Loss.” Contact Sharon personally for details of the program by going to the CONTACT US page of this website.
This program can be licensed for use by grief support groups. A Leaders Guide and Participant Manual are delivered electronically to the licensee.
On-site training is available and delivered by experienced Brave Penny staff. This training is for Churches and Adoption Agencies who support birthmothers.
Contact Sharon personally for details of the program clicking on CONTACT US (in the menu bar of this website).
Introduction to Our Shadowlands Grief Ministry
If the organization licensing the Shadowlands program wants experienced Brave Penny staff to lead the initial offering of the program to assist local staff in observing how to deliver the program effectively, Brave Penny will deliver the program at an agreed price. Since the program is normally delivered to participants one evening a week, for a period of six weeks, proximity to the delivery site is important. Contact Sharon Fox at Brave Penny (by going to the CONTACT US page of this website) to discuss this delivery program.
If the licensing organization would like their staff, who will manage and deliver the Shadowlands Grief Recovery program, to be trained by Brave Penny, a one-day training session can be delivered at the site of choice. If that option is not needed or affordable, Brave Penny makes available a DVD-based training session that can be used in lieu of on-site training.
CLICK HERE to review the numerous support materials which are available (Books, CDs, DVDs, and articles).
Materials relevant to grief recovery have been developed by Brave Penny and are available through the BUY NOW page of this website. Current materials include:
- Reframing Adoption – a book written by Sharon Fox to assist birthmothers dealing with the aftermath of their decision to gift their child to another family. It is available in both English and Spanish and can be purchased through this website or directly from online book sellers such as Amazon.
- A Precious Loss – a book written by Sharon Fox to assist individuals and families who have lost a child due to miscarriage or any other form of infant loss. It is available in both English and Spanish and can be purchased through this website or directly from online book sellers such as Amazon.
- The Stone Carver’s Son – a children’s book written by Sharon Fox that relates the story of Jesus’ birth in a new and engrossing way.
DVDs and CDs
- Grief Ministry Skills Training – a DVD that was recorded during a training session for leaders of organizations delivering the Shadowlands Grief Recovery Program. The training is divided into three sessions of one-half hour each.
- In Quietness & Confidence – a CD that combines music and scripture readings to assist those experiencing grief in gaining contentment and peace.
Numerous articles have been written and can be viewed by clicking on ARTICLES in the menu bar of this website.